If you’ve received a Content ID claim from us which you feel has been wrongly placed on your video, you can choose to dispute the claim. When you dispute a Content ID claim, we will be notified and will review your case as soon as possible. Here’s how to dispute a claim:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click your account icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Click Creator Studio > Video manager > Copyright notices. Here you can find any potential Content ID claims you may have.
- Find the claim you want to dispute and click the copyright symbol next to the video. This will give you information on the claimant and which content in your video they’re claiming against.
- Click File a dispute and follow the steps to submit your dispute.
You can file a dispute on a claim whenever you want, however if you dispute within 5 days of receiving the claim, you will not lose out on any potential revenue generated from your video if the claim is later on released. If you dispute after 5 days of the original claim, you will lose out on the potential revenue generated between the day you received the claim and the day you filed the dispute if the claim is later on released.